Imagine this. You’re driving out to a busy dinner party where all your friends are waiting, but your worst fears happen. Your radio stops, your check engine light starts flashing, your headlights go dim, and finally, your car ground to a sickening halt.
As the car leaves you abandoned at the side of the road, you’re forced to deal with this unfortunate circumstance, leading your mind to pound incessantly for answers to the prized question: What do I do now?
Panic sets in as it gets late, and you don’t know any 24hr car battery replacement services in Singapore. But quell your frustrations my friend, because here we have listed steps anyone can follow to get back on the road ASAP.
What To Do When Your Car Battery Dies In 4 steps Or Less
Stuck in the middle of nowhere at an inconvenient time with no 24 hrs Singapore car battery replacement service near you? Fret not Here’s what you can do to get out of this sticky situation.
1. Find A Safe Spot
First thing’s first. Get out of traffic and find a safe place to look at your car batteries.
Once you’re out of harm’s way, you’re free to test and determine if your car battery is really at fault or if it was a false alarm. Signs of a dead car battery include:
- Dim headlights
- An engine that can’t start
- Any odd battery smells
- Laboured starter motor
If your attempts to start your car have not been successful, turn your car engine off and proceed with the next step.
2. Jumpstart Your Car
Time to bring out the jumper cables! Jumpstarting your car batteries is a handy technique that gets you out of the roads quickly. If you don’t know how to go about it, here are the quick steps:
- Find a working battery. If you can, flag down another car to help you out. Better yet, if you have a battery charger pack, it’ll work the same way as if you have another car present.
- Connect the red cable to the positive terminal of the other car’s live battery and the other end to the positive terminal of your dead battery.
- Using the black cables, connect one end to the negative terminal of the other car battery, and the other end to any unpainted metal surface of the car.
Through this easy jumpstart guide, your car will be up and running in a heartbeat!
3. Roadside Assistance
If you’d rather save the hassle of going through all of the above, leave it to the experts! Calling 24hrs roadside assistance is a very viable option, especially if you’re running short of time.
These local specialists in Singapore will know precisely what to do to get your batteries started again or even provide on-site car battery replacements right then and there. You’ll be back on the roads in no time with expert help. Don’t forget to get a receipt so you can file an insurance claim and save on costs.
4. Car Battery Replacement
When you’re out of the woods and managed to reach the safety of a 24 hr service and repair centre, look into replacing your car batteries with specialized Singapore mechanics. This is a good precaution to take if you encounter battery faults, especially if you own an older vehicle.
Causes of Car Battery Failure
Now that your car batteries are fixed let’s find out how to make them last.
- Short and frequent trips can cause a drain on your battery from starting up your engine alone. Your battery needs a longer distance to recharge adequately and last, so go long!
- If your car has been with you for a while, normal wear and tear include your battery terminal suffering from corrosion. This prevents your battery from charging fully, so it’s recommended to send your car for servicing regularly.
- Long idle times. It takes energy to start up your car, but if the battery drains during your car’s downtime, your car battery can also fail prematurely.
Experience Seamless Car Journeys
From this step-by-step guide, you’ll never be caught unprepared from a dead car battery. But if you’re ever in need of emergency car battery services, Zoz Pte Ltd is always here 24/7 to support you with professional diagnosis and expert repairs so your car will always be in tip-top condition for seamless journeys.